Book Discussion Questions
Psst … you probably shouldn’t read through these till after you’ve read the book. Fair warning.
- Who is your favorite character and why?
- How do you think you would deal with the death of your significant other? Do you think your grieving process would resemble Skylar’s? How would it differ?
- When is the first time that Skylar gets a glimpse of understanding that Tony is also a person with his own struggles?
- How do you think you would react if you were in Tony’s position? What would you do?
- What if you were in Sue’s position? How do you think you would react with the death of your child? Do you think her response is understandable or unrealistic?
- What about Tony’s mom? What would you do if your child was responsible for the accidental death of someone else?
- In the story, Skylar takes a crowbar to Tony’s car. Do you think she is overreacting? What would you do in that situation?
- In the story, it takes the integration of many different people to help Skylar overcome her grief. In your opinion, which character is the most instrumental in helping Skylar?
- What do you think will happen with Tony?
- In this case, Skylar and Michael were not married before he died and it affected the way she interacted with his family afterward. How do you think her interaction with Sue, Rob, and Sophie would have differed if they had been already married?
- What do you think makes Logan the perfect person to help Skylar rediscover love?
- What was your favorite scene? Why?
- What do you think about the ending?
PDF/Printable Version –